Saturday, January 05, 2008


Here is a clipping from Sgt. Ryan Somerlot's latest email from his 3rd tour in Iraq:
---

Throughout the last couple months I have been here I have been telling you all about these missions we go on, and how we drive all through Iraq making sure that these needed supplies get to where they are needed. Well now I finally get the chance to be in charge of one of these missions. I am going to be responsible for getting 60-70 people through Iraq safely. I think this is the text book definition of responsibility. I am quite excited about this opportunity and at the same time very nervous. It may sound like bad news to some but to me this very good news, I just have alot of planning to do.
---

If you know Ryan (or I would imagine just about anyone in our armed forces) his enthusiam and sense of duty is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment