Sunday, December 20, 2009

Frusciante leaves the Chili Peppers


John Frusciante has left Red Hot Chili Peppers again. There isn't much he says besides the fact that he has just naturally interested in doing something else. No drama with RHCP or anything like that.
This doesn't surprise me all that much because he has made 7 of his own albums since rejoining the group in 99. They aren't very similar to the Chili Peppers at all. They are really, really good though.
It definitely sucks because they were just going to start recording again and they did just get nominated for induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of fame. They didn't get voted in, but they were on the ballot.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy. Hopefully he'll release a few more albums then they'll do a re-union tour and release another double album. Honestly I think I'm still digesting Stadium Arcadium. I forget about some of the songs... and I tend to listen to playlists now rather than albums thanks to the .mp3 and time constraints.

    Wonder if he's gotten any new tattoos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping this means he'll tour, but I'm guessing that touring is one of the reasons he's not that interested in RHCP. If you get one of his solo albums, get Shadows Collide with People. Its a full-on, studio made album of nearly 20 songs.

    ReplyDelete