Thursday, October 15, 2009

Movember

Want to grow a super cool mustache? Want to help raise money for a good cause? Then help turn November into Movember!


Here's the deal, you grow a mustache for the entire month. All month long people will ask you "dude why are you growing a totally bad-ass stache?" You reply: I'm helping raise money for Lance Armstrong's Livestrong organization which helps research prostate and ball cancer (testicular cancer)... want to donate money? And then you email them the link to the website.

At the end of the Month (December 3rd) everyone gets together for a party (location TBD) to review mustaches and hand out awards in various categories. There are officially sanctioned parties in major US cities (Andy the Brit can represent our team in NYC when he arrives).

I'm 99% in (haven't cleared this with Traci yet)... I'll set up a group and send out the details before Movember 1st. Who's in?


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun but I spend a lot of time doing presentations for groups of people for work and I don't want to look like a jackass in the in -between period of stache growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im not sure if i can grow a stache, im more of a cat fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone can still donate money to the cause regardless of facial hair growing prowess. I know mine will look terible and will definitley be a conversation piece. Clients will have to get used to it.

    Ka, I know you have a bunch of friends who would be into this thing!! If you can get some of your other bro's to partiipate that would be killer. I'll send out an email to a bunch of people this weekend and will put out a facebook blast as well.

    I'm really interested in throwing a party somewhere and seeing how big we can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:29 PM

    The stache will be on in T-Town! Let me know about the party, I'd like to crash it if I could.

    Nowa

    michaelnowa@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete