Tuesday, June 20, 2006

La Musica Bonita (Warning Long Post)

Maybe we could turn this into a music review blog? It's been a while since I've picked up a new album... I'm thinking about getting Gnarls Barkley any opinions on this one? I like the first single, and I've enjoyed C-Lo's previous work... he's from another planet.

Anyhoo... just browsing through the iTunes Music store and noticed that Paris Hilton just released the first single off her upcoming EP, Stars are Blind. I guess it's been a while since she's grabbed headlines. I listened to the first 20 seconds and it sounded like a techno cross with 311 (i.e. kinda strange). At least I know I won't be picking this one up.

The real purpose behind this post was to publicize a new RHCP video for "Tell Me Baby" (Track 2, Disk 2). I heard about it in a Flea-Mail dated June 4th... here's what Flea had to say.
"...i am sitting in a hotel room in cologne and outside my window is a beautiful river with a beautiful bridge and trains keep rolling by when the sun was setting it looked so great and there is a piano in my room we made a video for the song 'tell me baby' and we just saw it yesterday i am so excited about it it is the best one we ever did, it was done by dayton and faris they made us the best video of our career and i cant say what it is and ruin the debut of it, not to sound so high and mighty like it is such an important thing but, i think it is the most beautiful piece of film that has ever represented us i cant wait for y'all to see it..."

The video's been released outside of North America... so we'll have to wait a little while to see it. In the meantime check out this You Tube Clip of Desecration Smile (Track 1, Disk 2). This is more of a performance piece, them playing live... i.e. not a true music video... still cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment