Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This is not a Bed Bug Solution I recommended.

Bed Bug Extermination May Have Led to Fire

Investigators say an attempt to get rid of bed bugs may have contributed to a fire that damaged a Bond Hill home.

Fire crews were called to the house on Scottwood Avenue just after 10:30 last night. They found heavy smoke on the second floor and quickly got the fire under control.

Investigators believe the resident was treating a bedroom with a mixture of alcohol and bug killing solution. A cigarette may have ignited fumes generated by the mixture.

Columbus Pest Control

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Why use pesticides and chemical fumes when there are number of other non toxic products which are water based.
    Here is the University research which concludes that such Pyrethroid products do not work because many bugs have developed resistance to Pyrethrin based pesticides.