Bed Bug Extermination May Have Led to Fire
Investigators say an attempt to get rid of bed bugs may have contributed to a fire that damaged a Bond Hill home.
Fire crews were called to the house on Scottwood Avenue just after 10:30 last night. They found heavy smoke on the second floor and quickly got the fire under control.
Investigators believe the resident was treating a bedroom with a mixture of alcohol and bug killing solution. A cigarette may have ignited fumes generated by the mixture.
Columbus Pest Control