Monday, June 12, 2006

Back in the office

I went to BW3s with a couple of co-workers. All in all the team looked really flat, they just played with no desire like they expected the Czechs to just roll over and hand them the victory. My only other piece of analysis I can offer is that I don't like Claudio Reyna. He's the US captain, and plays as a possession mid-fielder i.e. he's supposed to create plays from the middle and distribute the ball. In my under-educated soccer opinion he doesn't work well with the other US players, I think they expect him to do too much. I know he's had a great career playing in England but at this point I'd prefer if Bruce Arena gave someone else a chance to play the position. And if I remember correctly the US played great without Reyna during the first four games of the last world cup, then played flat when Reyna returned.

Oh well, hopefully Italy and Ghana will play to a draw... that game starts in a few minutes... keep the chant alive USA... USA...

1 comment:

  1. To Be fair to reyna....he's a distinctly average player (i sound like Simon Cowell!) who's just come back from injury....
    He is gash, like....

    ReplyDelete