Ok... The dust is settling....
A quick summary: The 7-5 teams have it simple (win and your in), Shea needs an Alex win, and Alex needs a miracle. Jimmy and Gormans hopes were dashed and Shea lost a tough one.
When I use the term "Logjam" in this post I am not referring to the Jackie Treehorn production starring Karl Hungus. Logjam in this post means anytime more then 2 teams are tied for a spot. Then it comes to points....generally.
Here is the rundown:
Regular season Champs
WIN AND YOUR IN
Needs a WITTEN loss BAD!!!, or crazy LogJam!
Shea 6-6 (If a three way tie with Alex/Witt for the final spot you are in...This requires a Witten Loss)
Needs a Win and needs to beat Witten by about 115pts
Alex 6-6 (And at least 1 of the other contenders to lose)
IF A LOSS.....you are out if
...By Shea (the easy way)
1. HE IS OUT
2. Joe/Witt/Brad in no matter what, unless Alex beats Witt by 110, then ALex would be in...
1. He is in unless a crazy logjam happens and he finishes last in the points of the group (doubtful)
2. The reason his negative TB w/Alex doesnt really matter is because for Alex to tie with Joe he would have to beat Witt, this tying him with Witt also. Joe has a TB over Witt, Alex over Joe, etc. Then a point off would have to happen...Sorry Alex, nice run!
1. Basically he is tied with everyone on the season (and has TB over Alex too), therefore the only way he can be out is if he loses a point off.
1. ALex beats him by 110 pts -OR-
2. Shea Wins and Joe/Brad win
3. Brad/Joe Lose and Shea Wins, he must outscore Shea by 41 this week
1. The only two games that have any real bearing on who makes the playoffs (seeding is a whole different matter) are Shea v. Lobao and Alex v. Witt.
2. LOBAO ACTUALLY SET YOUR TEAM THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. I pretty sure all this is right....