Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Funny Ha Ha

Passed on without comment: do a google search on "failure" and see what comes up..

The rest of this post is to indulge our resident dot geek, Lobao

I just started using a Mac Mini at work and have to say I'm pretty impressed. The best part is that it's actually stable - programs don't crash, the OS doesn't crash, and it doesn't lock up all the time while you wait for something else to crash. Also, the dashboard feature is amazing - if you hit F12, a new screen that's full of "widgets" folds over your current workspace - on mine I've got the current weather satellite over Huntsvegas (perfect for golf), current temperature, current stock market prices, best local gas prices, a calculator, and an English-Chinese translator. Next week when Witten comes down to party it up, I'll use the flight tracker to watch his flight as it comes into Huntsville. Pretty cool stuff.

6 comments:

  1. your post pulled me in, I've been super busy at work, so I check in whenever I can... but no posts... anyway I'm glad to hear good things about the mini. I've been contemplating getting on to act as a "media" PC... hook up to the stereo & tv. They're super small and would look good under a tv. Do you have an RSS feed reader widget? Get one and you can add the lattest blog headlines to your widget collection. Also... people have hacked os10 to run on X86 processors... mac is moving to intel but anyway... also check out this engadget post... due to the size of the mini people are doing cool shit with em...

    Engadget Mac Mini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I'll have to look into the RSS feed - I've heard that Apple has always kept an x86 version of their OSes around just in case.. hopefully the switch will mean faster, cheaper systems - this one is cheap, but isn't the quickest thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 PM

    Pat - Thanks for the smile.
    Brennon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Pat! Thanks for the smile! I too am tempted by the mini-mac for the TV, stereo, media hub deal. Also annoucements were made in UK yesterday that we're all to be digital in a few years:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4247622.stm

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do i post hypelinks ina acomment? just normal HTML code? Guess i should try....

    ReplyDelete