Friday, September 16, 2005

Free at Last, Free at Last...

I signed out today. Nine years since I "sold my sole" to the US government. You could not have been more right Pat... I hate you. Stef and I leave tomorrow and should be back in C-bus by Sunday night. I've got interviews late next week and the week following so I'll be in and out a lot, but I'd like to have a beer or 70 if anyone's around. My cell, for now, is 637-4850, El Paso area code (maybe not a great idea to put that out like that). It's now dawning on me that I'll never have to wear a uniform, sleep and/or shit outside, and take orders from jackasses... unless I go to next year's Pig Roast.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your service Chris, Id like to get in on at least 35 of those 70 beers.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there for the other 35 as well, and I thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday could work for me too... I've got a big project that's due on Monday and I can't wait to ship it off.

    It's hard to believe you've been in the army for nine years... 4 years at West Point... 5 as an officer, thats a crazy way to start off your life/career. Well... onward and upward my friend, the world is your oyster... there aren't many people who can say they've done things you've done or seen the things you've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay Carter, I don't think i'll be at the hog roast...

    ReplyDelete